ServerHood.com provides services to clients all around the world. ServerHood has the responsibility to protect each client and provide them with the best services available. The following guidelines were designed in an attempt to ensure that we can do such.
ServerHood will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of these provisions.
Services provided by ServerHood may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data, or material in violation of any United States Federal, State, or City law is prohibited.
The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless ServerHood from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages the subscriber or any other party.
Examples of unacceptable content include, but are not limited to:
Copyrighted media, without authority to distribute or display
- Unlicensed applications
- Cracking programs or key generators
- High Yield investment programs or HYIPs and related monitors, top list, etc.
- Child pornography or kidnapping material
- Fraudulent activity, phishing, pyramid schemes, chain letters, forgery, or impersonation
- Terrorist propaganda, racist material, or bomb/weapon instructions
- Virus, Spyware, Malware, or other infectious material.
- Material protected by trade secrets or another statute.
- Adult Content, Dating Sites, forums, hacking scripts, scripts that abuse servers, etc.
- Torrents/Warez or any other related websites are strictly forbidden.
- Using a shared hosting account for the storage of large data or backups is strictly prohibited.
Additionally, ServerHood prohibits:
- IRC and associated programs (including psybnc, bots, etc.)
- Game servers, voice servers, and related applications.
- Scripts commonly used for abuse, attacks, or flooding
- Threatening, harassing, or obscene content
Links to unacceptable content, or as defined above, are also prohibited and will be suspended without any prior notice, ServerHood has the right to choose whether the content is allowed or not and can take immediate decisions.
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to the ServerHood equipment, network, operations, or clientele is STRICTLY prohibited. ServerHood will pursue legal action to the fullest extent for all abuse/violation of such.
Any activity deemed damaging or abusive, whether unlawful or considered to be detrimental to the operations of ServerHood, is prohibited. ServerHood has the complete right to Fine you for the amount of damage done to ServerHood operations. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Denial of Service Attacks (DOS/DDOS)
- Unnecessary Port Scans
- Mail Bombing
- Unsolicited Advertising via IM, Forums, Newsgroups, Email, etc.
- Any Hacking Activity.
We understand that bulk email is an important mechanism for keeping people informed. However, spamming (unsolicited advertising), from the ServerHood network, or spamvertising (unsolicited advertising of) sites hosted on the ServerHood network is STRICTLY prohibited.
Legitimate bulk email meets the following criteria:
- The recipient has confirmed his willingness to be added to the distribution list of the mailing, by responding to a verification email, or, otherwise, verifiably confirming permission. (Evidence of such must be retained and available by request.)
- Messages include Valid headers, removal instructions, and information on the method by which the subscribed address was obtained.
- All bulk email senders must post privacy policies, in association with the sending domains. Co-registration is not prohibited, but explanations of the sharing of information must be both publicly available and included in the confirmation mechanism for list subscription.
- If ServerHood approaches a client for evidence of confirmation, this request must be honored within 24 hours.
Failure to meet the acceptable criteria for bulk mail may lead to immediate termination.
- Additionally, if such actions have caused mail servers or IP address ranges on the ServerHood network to be blacklisted, ServerHood reserves the right to terminate the customer account and fine the customer.
ServerHood reserves the right to audit systems whenever data or activity indicates a potential policy violation. Resellers are solely responsible for the activity of their clients. Depending on the severity of the situation, necessary actions shall be taken on the reseller account. No Backup will be provided of any account found violating our Policy or AUP.
The ServerHood Abuse Dept. attempts to contact the client, via email, when the first sign of a possible violation is noted. These alerts are a courtesy. Responses to such alerts are required. If an alert is received from any ServerHood staff member, the client is responsible for acknowledging his/her understanding and citing any action planned or taken, within 24 hours of the notice. Failure to do so may lead to suspension. Repeated failure to do so may result in termination.
If any terms or conditions are failed to be followed, the client risks service suspension or termination. ServerHood reserves the right to remove any account or entire reseller account, without prior notice. If ServerHood deactivates an account for violating policy, the client will forfeit any rights to a refund. No refunds for advance payments will be granted for deactivated accounts.
In any case, involving unauthorized parties utilizing a ServerHood service for abuse/violations, the client will be responsible for stopping all affected applications, until the source of the problem is found and corrected. ServerHood may opt to disable all services of the client/reseller anytime in case of violation.
In general, the client/reseller is responsible for maintaining a secure system. The client/reseller is expected to monitor his/her system(s) and/or service(s). Resource usage should be maintained within the level outlined in the service contract. Abuse caused by end-users or unauthorized parties may increase resource usage and it should be noted that overage fees may apply.
ServerHood will not allow any account on the server that causes load issues or consumes more resources than allotted. ServerHood has the right to immediately suspend any such account without prior notice.
Anti-Nulled Scripts Policy:
Nulled Scripts are not permitted on ServerHood or any other host (Plugins, themes, scripts, etc.). Any account found to be utilising a nulled script will be terminated immediately. The ServerHood staff monitors websites and the themes and plugins users use on a regular basis; if a premium plugin or theme is identified, we look for the most recent version on the market. We suspend the site if the theme/plugin version does not match the most recent version. To reactivate the site, the client must present the purchase invoice or other proof.
Unlimited Disk Space:
ServerHood provides unlimited data transfer and storage space in accordance with the standard protocol. However, we expect our customers to follow ServerHood’s terms and conditions to the letter, and we ask that you do not do so. According to our terms and conditions, we do not allow a single user to have more than 10 GB of disc space per cpanel account.
Clients must comply with our terms and conditions in order for us to provide the best service possible to all of our customers. Customers who do not follow the usage terms and conditions may be subjected to restrictions.
The customer must make efficient use of the unlimited hosting supplied while being responsible in his or her usage of it. Keeping a significant quantity of audio/video or backup files that aren’t related with the website, for example, is an example of violation, needing additional resources to support the website.
Overage fees will apply to any service utilizing more than its assigned bandwidth allocation, except for that unmetered bandwidth VPS and servers. Overages will be calculated based on the overall amount of Gigabytes (GB) transferred in a monthly period unless a service is sold based on Megabits per Second (MBPS). Services sold by MBPS will be calculated via the industry-standard 95% method unless specified in the contract otherwise. The client is responsible for all usage, and any corresponding overages fees, that result from a service that may be hacked and/or flooding. ServerHood may require a deposit should a client utilize/require large amounts of bandwidth beyond their standard bandwidth allocation.
All shared hosting and reseller hosting accounts are backed up once a week. Any account that uses more than 1GB of space but less than 5GB will be excluded from weekly backup. Only once a month will such accounts be backed up. Any account that uses more than 5GB of space will not be backed up at all. Backups of such accounts are the responsibility of the respective reseller. VPS and dedicated server accounts are not backed up.
ServerHood reserves the right to block/filter or throttle ports and/or IP address ranges, at its discretion. This may include, for example, blocking Port 6667 (IRC), denying access from a known-spamming IP address range, or limiting the speed of point-to-point file-sharing programs (Kazaa, Limewire, Donkey, etc). This may also include giving priority to certain traffic types, such as Voice-over-IP (VOIP) phone call transmissions.
Virtual Private Servers (VPS):
To maintain the integrity of our service, VPS service that utilizes heavy amounts of system resources may be required to be upgraded, or, ServerHood may relocate your site to a different server and/or IP address, to reduce the load on the server on which you are currently residing.
ServerHood may at its discretion suspend or terminate the service of any client that is abusive/harassing to ServerHood and/or ServerHood employees. Examples of such activity include, but are not limited to:
- Verbal abuse: cursing, yelling, threatening, etc.
- Ongoing disregard for warnings or notices
- Consistent mistakes/errors/changes causing unnecessary workload
- Spamming ServerHood email addresses, ticket systems, or servers
- Continuous involvement in flood/DDOS activity, hacked services, or other ongoing non-permitted usages
- Consistent late payments or responses
- Issuing a chargeback or bouncing a payment
- Continuous activation of problematic end-users
- Activity that affects the service(s) of other ServerHood clientele